Sunday, October 25, 2009

The Angel of Lake Providence

Hey sweet porchers,
Ok, so in reality, you're looking at a kudzu covered beacon at the airport near my home. In my crazy noggin, however, she's The Angel of Lake Providence. Can you look past the weather sock and the steel cage and see her quiet beauty?

Dixie Belle and I have been admiring the kudzu angel on our evening walks for some time. I've thought about sharing her with y'all a dozen times in the past few months, but my cell camera wouldn't do her justice.

The other day I finally came home and got a real camera and drove to the airport to get a better shot. As you consider her image, I'd like to encourage you to join me in giving thanks to Abba Father for the wondrous incomprehensible love of our Savior! Behold the love that led the Creator to step out of glory and into the image of man to rescue those He fashioned from dust and make a way for them to come into His presence. To quote the Psalmist:

What is man, that thou are mindful of him?
and the son of man, that thou visitest him?
For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels,
and hast crowned him with glory and honor.
— Psalm 84: 4 - 5

I'm glad I took our kudzu angel's picture when I did. While I was at the airport my friend, Barry, told me the vines were interfering with the tower and they were getting ready to strip her nekkid, so to speak. While that makes me a little bit sad, it only serves to provide more fodder for praise. When our kudzu angel is no more, the Father's love will be as strong and enduring as ever. Join me, will you?

"Give thanks to the LORD for He is good and His love endures forever." Psalm 136:1

Hugs,
Shellie




No comments:

Post a Comment