Just kidding. I thought that would be a funny line for the "About me" page. Ummm...I'm a Jesus loving, All Things Southern radio/tv/web hostess (find my stuff at http://www.allthingssouthern.com,) author, speaker, mother, wife, grandmother, friend, Sunday School teacher, and owner of one forever more spoiled rotten canine. Don't tell Dixie Belle I said that.
My friend Tommilyn snagged me into this, I mean, gave me this award. As I understand it, there are only two rules, the first being I have to share eight things about myself. The second rule, well, we'll get to that. First things first.
1. I love God's word. Must start there. I know it might sound like I'm trying to apply for sainthood, but believe me, there's no saint on this end of the screen. I just adore finding God in His word.
2. I could eat a hamburger eight days a week. My point exactly.
3. I couldn't talk right when I was a kid. My oldest sister interpreted for me and I like to tell audiences that she interpreted a lot of things I did not say.
4. I like to start and end each day sitting in our big roomy chair and a half with my man.
5. I'm obsessive about doing what I say I'll do, to the point of crazy. I can't allow myself to say anything like "I'm now going to jog six miles a day instead of walk three" because once I say it, it is in concrete and I would kill myself trying to do it.
6. The only glaring exception to number five would be in the area of food. Unfortunately, saying I will not eat chocolate seems to have no bearing whatsoever on my obsessive trait. Sigh.
7. I used to wish I lived anywhere but Lake Providence, LA. Now, I don't want to live anywhere but Lake Providence, LA.
8. I hit my toes on everything. My son likes to say that I act like I'm surprised every day to find that I even have toes because I never make the necessary allowances that would keep me from continually stubbing them.
And now for that second rule-- at this point I'm supposed to share the love by asking eight other bloggers to play. Of course, I've never been one to follow rules really well, so I'm going to name my eight BUT I'm going to tell you right here and now that you don't have to play if you don't want to-- and IF you want to play you can take as long as you'd like. :)