Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Fire in my Fingers

I've got to get back to those who are waiting (I hope patiently) for various and sundry ATS columns and orders, the ever present deadlines, and the preparation for tomorrow night's speech. (FYI, I'll be speaking at The Church of God in Bastrop, LA.) But first, I've got to get a piece of fire out of my fingers.

I'm knee deep in my early morning times on the Bible study I'm writing on prodigal living. Until such a time as we get to share it together, please emblazon these words on your mind. They come from an old testament passage but they cut right to our twenty-first century hearts. Everything comes back to our willingness or refusal to lay down our will to His.

I'm particularly taken by the way it's translated in the Holman Bible. This is what the deceived heart says:

Deuteronomy 29: 19, "I will have peace even though I follow my own stubborn heart."

Think about it...I am.

Hugs,
Shellie

No comments:

Post a Comment