Monday, December 28, 2009

Quieting the Masses Would Be Easier if They Weren't in My Head

The voices in my head are in fine form today. There is the one that would like to go back to where I was in my Bible Study earlier and stay there all the live-long day. I like her but she has been outvoted for now.

There's another who keeps reminding me that I have recently agreed to deliver "Sue Ellen's Girl Ain't Fat, She Just Weighs Heavy" by June 1st, this June 1st. Ouch. She's something of a pest, albeit a necessary one.

They're both competing with the "you should just go ahead and take down the Christmas tree now and get the house clean so you can think straight" Martha Stewarty/I know these things/petulant voice (and I mean that in the nicest way Martha).

And then there's the "Excuse me, but this is Monday and you know it's radio segment taping, website updating, ATS administration day and why are you putting off getting started" voice. She bores me to tears.

I suppose I'll have to tend to all of 'em and their friends eventually, but I can't do it until I get one big thing off my chest. Here it is. If you haven't read "Same Kind of Different as Me", do so, please, as soon as you can.

It will make you laugh, cheer, and cry in turns. No, you won't be a better person for reading it, but I double dog dare you to read it and not want to be.

Hugs,
Shellie

P.S. And when you do, because you just know you can't ignore a double dog dare, please come back here and enter a discussion about it. I'd love to hear your thoughts.



1 comment:

  1. Adding another book to my reading list...which is getting longer and longer :-). I really do need to find the time to read like I do in the summertime but it's hard to find right now.

    ReplyDelete